“My child speaks fine, so why do we need a Speech & Language Therapist?”
We get asked this a lot. But there is much more to COMMUNICATION than what we see or hear in terms of speech and language.
During this webinar we aim to develop your understanding of:
- What does a Speech and Language Therapist do?
- What makes up communication? And why might some children have difficulties?
- What assessments do SLTs undertake? And why?
- How to evidence the need for speech and language therapy.
- What happens if a child masks, can you still work out what is needed?
- Who can carry out Speech and Language therapy
- What sort of interventions are helpful
- When we might need to apply for EHCPs or Statements