Social Care often has a role to play in supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
With many neurodevelopmental conditions (such as Autism) being difficult for professionals to understand, allegations of “Munchausens Syndrome by Proxy” or “Fabricated and Inducing Illness” are increasing, which are often followed by Child Protection proceedings.
We are honoured to have the UK’s top independent social worker, Cathie Long, join us to present a webinar on this very topic which is a growing concern in the UK.
During Cathie’s workshop you will learn a lot about social care, in particular she will be covering:
- Social Care and its role in SEND (EHCPs and Statements)
- Differing disabilities and why they require social care involvement
- The assessment process and what to expect
- The different acts and laws that are involved with social care
- What is Fabricated or Induced Illness (AKA Munchausen’s Syndrome by Proxy)?
- What you can do if you’re faced with Child Protection proceedings or accusations of MSbP/FII.