Sensory Processing Difficulties occur when an individual struggles to process the information received through their senses. This often results in sensory seeking or sensory avoidant behaviours and can even lead to meltdowns.
Through understanding these behaviours, we can learn how to best support a child or young person to ensure healthy development.
Children’s Sensory Therapy will be delivering this introductory webinar covering:
- What ‘Sensory Processing’ is
- How our senses impact learning and development
- The different types of sensory processing difficulties
- What behaviours we might see
- The use of ‘Sensory Integration’
- Strategies to promote sensory regulation